Thursday, July 16, 2009

DAY 9-11: Nurturning My Professional Network

DAY 9 (Monday):
  • Arranged coffee with a new acquaintance who's looking to transition from his current position into communications. Wants my advice on how to go about doing so. (And yes, I am going to cheat a little bit here and count this now, when I arrange it, and later, when I actually have the coffee. Sorry!)
DAY 10 (Tuesday):
  • Provided a list of job search resources to a colleague for a friend
  • Acted as a liaison for someone looking to connect with our biotech department for career opportunities (Does this count? Not sure. It's not officially in my job description, but they called me looking to connect b/c I'm with Hopkins and I'm the most visible name on the MCC web site)
  • Forwarded blog link to a colleague who may want to start following this blog and commenting on it to raise his profile

DAY 11 (Wednesday):
  • Took over planning the CCG / WWPR joint August happy hour -- even though it was assigned to one of my CCG colleagues -- because he just didn't have the time to do it. (Details forthcoming.)
  • Forwarded media query to non-MCC JHU colleague

No comments: