JOB: Public Relations Specialist
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Public Relations Specialist for its Public Relations department. The main responsibilities of the position include:
- draft and edit press releases, advisories, letters to the editor, pitch letters and other collateral material for the news media
- distribute collateral materials for review and incorporate feedback in a timely manner
- develop targeted media lists with strong knowledge of media outlets and opportunities to position animal protection issues
- field media inquiries and route to appropriate spokesperson to best position the HSUS in the news
- distribute press releases utilizing best available resources
- represent the department as a member of internal and external teams
- coordinate efforts with other departments and organizations
- pitch issues and events to reporters with strong knowledge of animal issues and how they can be placed in the media for maximum impact
- respond to inquiries from news media
- supply reporters with background information, video, and schedule interviews with HSUS spokespeople.
Please send cover letters and resumes to hrjobs (at) hsus (dot) org or fax to 301- 548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, Md.