Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The CCG Blog Paradox

It seemed strange to me that the Capital Communicators Group should have a blog - here's a group founded on the idea that "In the age of faxes, phones and e-mail, [and blogs!] a lot of our work is done indirectly and impersonally." So the CCG started as a way to meet face-to-face, yet now we have a blog.

Well, I'm finally starting to warm up to the idea. There are several hundred members in the CCG. Yet, we only meet 30-40 at a time. I still think the small size of our lunches is key. But I'm beginning to appreciate the blog as a way to "fill in the gaps" - I see the potential of this blog to continue and then expand conversations started at the lunches, share with those that missed the lunch what happened, and keep pulse on what we as a (very big) group want.

So what do we want? That's anther topic, do be covered in another blog.

-- Joe

No comments: